One Pot Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing beats a one pot recipe for soup! This One Pot Bean Soup is the perfect easy dinner recipe to make during the colder months. With beans, sausage, tomatoes, and more, this delicious and hearty soup is budget-friendly and super easy to make. Although it takes a few hours to cook the beans from dry, the amazing taste of this soup recipe will be worth the wait. It's a family favorite winter meal with great flavor.
Preparation Time20 min
- 1 (16-ounce) bag pinto beans
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions, 1 quartered and 1 chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Check pinto beans for foreign objects. Put beans in 6 quart Dutch oven or soup pot and cover with cold water. Let beans soak overnight or at least 8 hours.
Drain water from the beans and rinse beans with water, then add 14 cups of fresh water to beans in Dutch oven. Add the 6 cloves garlic and the quartered onion and bring beans to boil. Lower temperature and cover beans. Let beans slowly simmer.
Cut sausage lengthwise and then slice sausage about 1/2 inch thick making half circle shapes. Mix chopped onion, jalapeno, tomato and cilantro together to make a pico de gallo.
After cooking 2 hours beans should be almost done. Add sausage, chili powder, cumin and salt and then bring back to low boil. Add water if needed to replace water that has evaporated during cooking. Cook uncovered about fifteen minutes and then add 1/2 of amount of pico de gallo. Cook about 15 minutes more or until beans are done. Taste and add more salt if needed to your taste.
After soup is ready you may add the rest of pico de gallo to soup or serve it on the side for everyone to add to their liking. Optional garnishes: lime wedges, avocado slices, Mexican queso fresco, and tortilla chips.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Fully Loaded Chicken Potato Bake recipe is a super easy casserole recipe that will please your family any night of the week. This… Continue reading: "Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Bakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Box Cake
- Fried Chicken Cutlets With Country Gravy
- Pork Schnitzel
- Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Egg Roll In A Bowl
- Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- BBQ Meatloaf
- Homemade Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes