Grand Traverse Parsnip Apple Soup
The perfect blend of savory and sweet, this parsnip apple soup is delightful at any Mother's Day brunch, family dinner, or any other time you want a splendid soup. If you're a wine drinker, try pairing it with a Chateau Grand Traverse 2008 Dry Riesling.
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
Cooking Time15 min
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 celery stalks, and save 4 leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce pot, sauté onion, celery, apples and parsnips in butter until softened.
- Add milk, reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, careful not to scald milk to the bottom of pan.
- Blend the mixture until smooth in food processor or blender.
- Finish with salt and pepper and apple cider.
- Serve warm with celery leaves on top.
Read NextTried and True Italian Pasta Soup