Slow Cooker Pork Chop Stew
With six whole pork loin chops and tons of your favorite veggies, this recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chop Stew is as hearty and filling as stews get. When you're looking for an effortless meal that's loaded with great taste, simply turn to a slow cooker stew recipe like this one. Cooking with pork chops is easy on the wallet and satisfying for everyone at the dinner table. You simply can't go wrong making a simmering pork chop stew like this one.
Did you enjoy this slow cooker pork recipe? It was featured in 9 Excellent Slow Cooker Recipes for Supper, check it out for more easy slow cooker recipes.
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 6 pork loin chops
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, cut in thin wedges (optional)
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 1/2 ounces can sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Trim fat from chops. Coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Brown chops in oil over medium heat.
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining flour over and toss to coat.
- Layer over potato mixture, in order, cabbage, salt, pepper, chops, bouillon, 1/4 cup water and stewed tomatoes with juice. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high 3 1/2-4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours
- Optional: in small saucepan, stir sour cream and cornstarch until smooth. Measure cooking liquid and add enough water or milk to 1 1/2 cups. Stir into saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and mixture comes to a boil. Serve with chops.