Paleo Mango Coconut Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
"The creaminess to this chicken salad recipe is simply from coconut cream. It goes so well with the curry flavor! I’ve always loved curried chicken salads. There’s something about the flavor of curry powder that just goes so well with chicken. But it also needs a touch of sweetness, which the mangoes and blueberries in this recipe provides. And for the crunch, I added in some pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut. The slight crunch that the pumpkin seeds add is really necessary!"
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 2 chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup (200 g) mango, diced small
- 1/4 cup (50 g) blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chives or green onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut cream (or the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
Dice the chicken breast into small pieces and pan-fry them in the coconut oil until fully cooked. Let cool.
Place the chicken pieces into a large bowl with the mango, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, chives, coconut shreds, curry powder, coconut cream, and salt to taste. Mix together well.
Serve by itself, on top of a salad, or on a baked butternut squash half.