Beer Battered Shrimp
What could be better than fried shrimp made in a beer batter? Pair this with our spicy creole tartar sauce and you have a winning dish that is perfect for football season or entertaining.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces can or bottle beer
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Vegetable oil
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Flour for dredging
- Creole Tartar Sauce (recipe follows)
- In medium bowl combine 1 cup flour, paprika and salt. Whisk in beer, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce. Cover; let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour.
- In large heavy sauce pot or deep-fryer, heat about 3 inches oil over medium-high heat to 375 degrees F. Dredge shrimp in flour, then dip in batter.
- Fry shrimp, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Creole Tartar Sauce.
Creole Tartar Sauce
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
3/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp. paprika
In small bowl combine all ingredients until well blended. Makes about 1 cup.
Read NextEasy Lobster Bisque
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.