- 1 cup bran
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp light oil (canola or sunflower)
- 150ml honey, (warmed through to soften)
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp chopped dried apricots
- 1 Tbsp chopped dried dates
- 1 Tbsp chopped dried peaches
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped sultanas
- 2 Tbsp chopped macadamia nuts, (or blanched almonds)
Serves 8-10. Mix the bran, flour and bicarbonate of soda together, set aside. Mix the egg, oil, honey and milk together, then add it to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Finally stir through the vanilla essence, dried fruits and macadamia nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and leave overnight or at least 2 hours. Give the mixture another stir before spooning it into patty pans. Allow a little room for expansion. Bake in 180C oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve with a little yoghurt, honey and a grating of orange rind.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Scones"
Learn how to make scones with this collection of the best scone recipes. Use a basic scone recipe or get a little fancy with a blueberry scone recipe or cranberry scone recipe.
There are no records