Almond Ginger Pear Scones
Three divine flavors combined into one delicious scone, your tea will thank you and so will your taste buds! Almond ginger pear scones are the best new recipe to add to your breakfast rotation.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 8 or 10 chunks
- 3/4 cup pears, diced and dried
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*, divided
- 1/3 cup ginger, candied and chopped
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten, for tops
- Additional sugar, for tops
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, ground ginger, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the pears, 1/3 cup of the almonds and the candied ginger, toss. Mix in buttermilk just to blend.
- Gather into a ball and gently knead 3 or 4 times on a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll out 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out circles with 2 1/2- to 3-inch round cutter, rerolling scraps as needed. Place on baking sheet, spacing apart.
- Brush tops with egg, sprinkle with remaining almonds, dividing equally, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in center of oven 12 to 15 minutes until springy to the touch and lightly browned. Remove to rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 12 scones
- To toast almonds, spread in an ungreased baking pan.
- Place in 350-degree F oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes or until almonds are light brown, stir once or twice to assure even browning.
Note that almonds will continue to brown slightly after removing from oven.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Scones"
Learn how to make scones with this collection of the best scone recipes. Use a basic scone recipe or get a little fancy with a blueberry scone recipe or cranberry scone recipe.
There are no records