Tex Mex Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This is a far cry from your typical grilled cheese sandwich. Kick things up a notch with the salsa and chiles, and enjoy it out on your patio with a margarita to make it REALLY good!
- 8 slices bread
- 1 jar Chichi's Mild Salsa, drained
- 3/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup canned diced mild green chilies
- 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- Spread 1 side of half the bread slices with salsa to taste.
- Arrange half of the cheese slices evenly over salsa; scatter green chilies on top, then add remaining cheese and bread to make 4 sandwiches.
- Heat a heavy skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread both sides of each sandwich with butter.
- Cook in the skillet, pressing down frequently with the back of a spatula, until bread is crisp and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally into halves. Serve immediately.
Read NextSympathy Sandwiches