Chickpea and Cucumber Salad with Fresh Mint
When looking for delicious and easy no cook recipes for summer, there's nothing better than fresh cucumber salad recipes. That's why I fell in love with this Chickpea and Cucumber Salad with Fresh Mint. It's the perfect summer side dish! So refreshing.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 3/4 cup canned or cooked chickpeas, (garbanzo beans) rinsed
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup currants (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard them. Cut cucumbers into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Place in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss well to combine. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve salad at room temperature or chill for later.
Read NextLobster Salad