Speedy Santa Fe Black Beans and Rice
Enjoy as a side dish or as a main dish, this wonderfully seasoned rice recipe is perfect however you want eat it. Made with black beans, diced green chiles and topped with Cheddar cheese, you wont be able to deny it's excellence.
- 1 can (15.5-ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15-ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (4-ounces) Ortega diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine tomatoes, corn, black beans, chiles and water. Bring to boil; add rice. Cover; turn off heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with green onion and cheese.