Speedy Santa Fe Black Beans and Rice
Enjoy as a side dish or as a main dish, this wonderfully seasoned rice recipe is perfect however you want eat it. Made with black beans, diced green chiles and topped with Cheddar cheese, you wont be able to deny it's excellence.
- 1 can (15.5-ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15-ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (4-ounces) Ortega diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine tomatoes, corn, black beans, chiles and water. Bring to boil; add rice. Cover; turn off heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with green onion and cheese.
Read NextChinese Steamed Rice
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Apr 30, 2017
I love beans and rice, and this looks like a very nice spicy dish that could easily serve as a main dish with the addition of some ground beef or steak. It's always great to find tasty quick meals that just occupy a pot. My wife will often can ground beef if we get a lot when it's on sale, so we always have a supply on hand, ready to be added to anything we're cooking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use