Lemon Parsley Risotto
- 11/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 11/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 to 6 cup vegetable broth
- 11/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
(serves 6). Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onions until soft and translucent but not brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute, or until all the grains are shiny. Add the wine and bring to a boil, stirring often. When most of the wine is absorbed, add 1/2 cuo broth and lecon zest. Cook the rice at a brisk simmer stirring steadily. When most of the liquid is absorbed, add another 1/2 cup broth. Gradually add salt and pepper as you add the broth. Continue adding the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, until 5 cups are used up. If the rice is still hard add 1/2 to 1 more cup broth. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley the last 3 minutes. You'll need about 18 minutes of cooking in all. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Serve at once.
Read NextSushi Rice Recipe
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use