Basil Pineapple Rice
Get all the health and flavor benefits of eating pineapple with this delicious rice recipe courtesy Patricia Mendez of Easy Entertaining for Beginners. Rice recipes rarely taste this good, plus you get all the nutrition pineapple provides.
For more great recipes, meal plans, tips and more, check out http://ezentertaining.net/
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth, purchased
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pineapple pieces, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and add onion, stirring for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add rice. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until rice turns from translucent to milky white, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add hot vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in salt, pineapple and basil and serve in hollowed out halves of pineapple for a festive presentation.