Asparagus Risotto with Mushrooms and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Find out how to make risotto that is full of flavor with this easy risotto recipe. Risotto recipes that taste this good are hard to find. After this recipe, you will know how to cook risotto like a pro.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, leek and garlic, saute 3 minutes.
- Add rice and pepper, saute 5 minutes more. In a separate pot, heat vegetable broth to nearly boiling. Add 7 cups hot broth and tomatoes to rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 12 minutes, stirring often.
- After 10 minutes, combine remaining 1 cup broth, asparagus, mushrooms and basil in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely and heat in microwave on high until hot but not completely cooked, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add to simmering rice mixture, stir well and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese to the pot, mix it in thoroughly, then remove the pot from the heat and serve.