Macaroni Grill Insalata Florentine
This spinach, orzo and chicken salad copycat recipe from Macaroni Grill is a family favorite. This cold pasta salad is great with BBQ, sandwiches or just simply in a bowl by itself. Make this recipe and feel like you're eating at the Macaroni Grill.
- 3 ounces julienne-shredded fresh spinach
- 3 ounces grilled chicken, sliced and chilled
- 1 ounce ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 ounce pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 1/2 ounce capers
- 1/2 ounce sliced black olives
- 1/2 ounce julienne-cut radicchio
- 5 ounces orzo pasta, cooked and chilled
- 3 ounces roasted garlic lemon vinaigrette
- 1/4 ounce shaved Parmesan
- Fresh cracked pepper, for garnish
- In the order listed, place all ingredients, except Parmesan cheese, in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Toss and serve on a decorative wide bowl. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper.