Cheesecake Factory Copycat German Chocolate Cheesecake
Incorporate smooth chocolate decadence into your life with Cheesecake Factory Copycat German Chocolate Cheesecake. Restaurant copycat recipes like this will be the toast of your next dinner party.
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE CAKE LAYER:
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- GERMAN CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On bowl of electric mixer or in food processor fitted with metal blade, blend together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter.
- Microwave on high (100%) power for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted. Cool slightly.
- With fork, beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour and mix until blended.
- Spoon into well-greased 9 1/2-inch springform pan, spreading evenly.
- Carefully, spread cheesecake mixture evenly over top of chocolate batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 55 to 60 minutes.
- Turn oven off, open oven door and let cake cool completely to room temperature in oven.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Remove sides from springform. Invert cake onto serving plate, so cheesecake is on bottom and chocolate cake is on top.
- In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips with whipping cream.
- Microwave on HIGH power for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread on sides of cheesecake.
German Chocolate Topping:
- In small microwave-safe bowl, beat egg yolks. Stir in sugar, butter and whipping cream.
- Microwave on HIGH power 4 minutes, stirring once every minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla extract. Stir in coconut and pecans until well blended.
- Refrigerate until mixture is of spreading consistency.
- Spread on top of the cheesecake.