Baked Oatmeal with Almonds and Cherries
Combine the toasty hearty flavor of Quaker oats with the sweetness of fruit in this Quaker oatmeal recipe. Use your oven to make one of the most delicious hot Quaker cereal recipes around. Hooray for Quaker oats recipes!
Variation: Omit all almond flavoring and cherries. Add 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup raisins, and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
For more great recipes using Quaker oats, check out the Recipe Lion collection of 10 Quick Easy Quaker Oats Recipes.
Cooking Time45 min
- 2 cups old-fashioned Quaker oats
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 large apple, unpeeled and grated
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 3-quart dish or baking pan with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine Quaker oats, almond flavoring, almonds, apple, milk, brown sugar and cherries. Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle top with additional almonds.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Serve hot.