Easy Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
Creamy, smooth, and satisfying, rice pudding is one old fashioned dessert that never fails to disappoint. This recipe for Easy Old Fashioned Rice Pudding is a classic dessert recipe that's just sweet enough, filled with cinnamon flavor, and super comforting. What's so great about this rice pudding recipe is that it's super simple. All you have to do is heat the pudding on the stove top while stirring frequently, and you'll soon have creamy, delicious rice pudding.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1/2 cup raw rice, short grain variety like Arborio
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins, if desired
- Combine all ingredients in top of double boiler over boiling water. Cook until almost all milk is absorbed, about 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, thin custard, or ice cream on top.