One Pot Pressure Cooker Chili
If you're looking to try pressure cooker recipes, chili is a good place to start. This one pot pressure cooker chili is easy and quick to make. Homemade chili recipes are great for lazy weekends or warming up after shoveling the driveway!
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker
- 1 1/2 pound coarsely ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (about 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (about 16 ounces) black beans or pinto beans
- 1 can (about 4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- Heat cooker and brown meat olive oil. Add onions. Cook until meet is brown on all sides.
- Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, sayenne pepper, black pepper, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, and garlic. Close cooker securely. Set pressure regulator to 15 lbs. and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from burner and let pressure drop on its own. Stir in beans and chiles and return to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until heated through, stirring regularly.
- Serve with grated cheese, chopped onions, and cornbread.