Amazing Apple Butter
Apple butter is a delicious and healthy fruit spread that tastes great on toast or by itself. Simple fruit recipes are always a hit and this easy snack recipe is no exception.
- 6 pounds apples
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3 quarts cider
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 pounds granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- Wash apples slice with skin and seeds.
- Add cider and cook until apples are very soft. Put apples through sieve, add sugar, spices and let simmer until quite thick; stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Fill hot sterlized jars, seal with sterlized rubbers and tops.