Apple Stuffed Pork Burgers
Put the ham back in hamburger with this tasty pork recipe. Use pork instead of beef to cook delicious, succulent burgers. Pork has never tasted so good.
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small apple, peeled cored and minced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 4 hamburger buns
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and apple for about 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add half of the bread crumbs, water and mustard, and cook for 1 minute. Add half of the salt, pepper and sage.
- Shape pork into 8 thin patties. Mound apple mixture on top of 4 patties, leaving 1/2 inch border, cover with remaining patties, pressing firmly to seal in apple mixture. Coat patties with remaining crumbs.
- Place on greased grill over medium heat. Cook, turning once, for 16 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Sandwich in buns.