Lofty Layered Lemon Blueberry Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I love lemons and blueberries so much I bought a lemon tree and a blueberry bush. I keep them outside in the summer and in my sunroom in the winter. It is so exciting to see and smell two of my favorite summer treats growing fruit. Having these abundant summertime fruits inspired me to create an easy recipe using them. I blog about quick and easy recipes on Recipesforourdailybread.com and make and write about many cake mix desserts often. A lemon cake mix was a great choice with fresh lemons and blueberries plus this cake is truly easy to make. It is a family favorite and perfect for a crowd. I hope you will love the terrific lemon flavorful and amazing blueberries on this Lofty Layered Lemon Blueberry cake as much as we all do!"
PLUS: This recipe is a finalist in our 2017 Summer Potluck Challenge!
Check out the other recipes here and cast your vote for your favorite summer potluck recipe today. Voting ends 7/31/17.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 inch cake pans
Type of DishCake
- 18 ounces Lemon cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 2/5 ounces Store bought lemon instant pudding box
- 24 ounces Cream cheese bought in 3 packages of 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 16 ounces Whipped topping, Cool whip
- 2 pints Fresh blueerries
- 3 Zest of three lemons
Use an electric mixer and blend the lemon cake mix (I used Duncan Hines), eggs, one cup water, and oil according to the package. Blend in the dry lemon instant pudding mix and fresh lemon juice.
Spray three nine inch cake pans with a baking spray. Divide the cake batter into the three cake pans equally. Bake for 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Do not overcook the cake. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
Whip together the cream cheese, sugar. Fold in the Cool Whip.
Layer one of the cakes on a plate and top with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Top the cream cheese mixture with 1/3 of the blueberries. Take one fresh lemon and zest the entire lemon over the blueberries. I used the zest of a whole lemon on each layer of cake over the blueberries, 3 lemons total.
Repeat the steps including Cake, cream cheese mixture, blueberries and lemon zest two more times. You should have three layers of cake with cream cheese mixture on each layer topped with blueberries and lemon zest.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Perfect Pork Chop Casserole Dinner will make your night elegant and delicious in just a few easy steps and what is better than that?… Continue reading: "Perfect Pork Chop Casserole Dinnervideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Smoked Salmon And Melon Salad
- Spicy Chicken Wings
- Garlic And Parmesan Cauliflower Mash
- Quinoa And Avocado Salad
- Peach Pie Recipe With Almond Cream
- Tomato Basil Pasta Recipe
- Chili Mixed Nuts Recipe
- Holiday Party Recipes – Warm Seasoned Pecans
- Zucchini Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Grilled Halibut Tacos With Salsa Verde
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes