Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Now I love a traditional pecan pie, and I’ll eat a slice any time of the year. However, I put a couple of fun spins on this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. First of all, chocolate. I stirred some chocolate chips into the pie along with the pecans. Delicious! I served this pie cold, so the chocolate chips stayed fairly solid. However, the texture from the chocolate chips was a nice addition. An alternative here might be to melt the chocolate chips and then stir the melted chocolate into the pie filling. For me, the solid chocolate chips is the way to go. And bourbon. Talk about a fun twist on a classic dessert! I mentioned in a post last year that I’ve started using vodka as the liquid in my pie dough. (Ironically, it was in this post for a classic Pumpkin Pie.) Alcohol doesn’t form gluten the same as water. This means that pie dough made with alcohol will be flakier and lighter thanks to the absence of gluten. Normally, vodka is used as it is the most neutral of alcohols, but this time I used bourbon. I also mixed a couple tablespoons of bourbon into the pie filling. The result was amazing! There is a noticeable hint of bourbon flavor in this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie, but it wasn’t overpowering at all. In fact, taken together with the pecans and chocolate, this dessert was delicious. It’s definitely become a new favorite here in our house!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole is one of those easy weeknight meals you can make in a hurry when you have hungry mouths to… Continue reading: "Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserolevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Shaved Fennel Salad With Apples
- Soup Maker Cauliflower Soup
- Watermelon Granita
- The Back Seater Cocktail
- Instant Pot Thai Red Chicken Curry
- Black Bean And Salsa Soup
- Twix Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Mini Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- Copycat Johnny Rockets Original Single Burger
- Ham And Egg Casserole Recipe
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes