Southwest Chicken & Pasta
One pot dinners are great when you want a meal with very little clean up. Colorful and full of flavor, Southwest Chicken Pasta features, broccoli, green peppers, and chunks of chicken all simmered in a creamy sauce. Fast easy and satisfying, make this delicious pasta recipe for the family on a busy weeknight. It may very well become your go-to recipe when you need something ready in a jiffy.
Serves4 about 1 3/4 cups each
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 3 cups uncooked corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini)
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green or red pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Pace Chunky Salsa or Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package directions in a 3-quart saucepan.
Add the broccoli and pepper for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
Drain the pasta mixture well in a colander. Return the pasta mixture to the saucepan.
Stir the soup, milk, salsa and chicken in the saucepan and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the cheese.