Southwest Chicken & Pasta
One pot dinners are great when you want a meal with very little clean up. Colorful and full of flavor, Southwest Chicken Pasta features, broccoli, green peppers, and chunks of chicken all simmered in a creamy sauce. Fast easy and satisfying, make this delicious pasta recipe for the family on a busy weeknight. It may very well become your go-to recipe when you need something ready in a jiffy.
Serves4 about 1 3/4 cups each
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 3 cups uncooked corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini)
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green or red pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Pace Chunky Salsa or Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package directions in a 3-quart saucepan.
Add the broccoli and pepper for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
Drain the pasta mixture well in a colander. Return the pasta mixture to the saucepan.
Stir the soup, milk, salsa and chicken in the saucepan and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Read NextClassic Italian Fettuccine Alfredo