Italian Style Turkey Sausage and Peppers
Italian Style Turkey Sausage and Peppers is a hearty meal in one that combines sausage links with mushrooms, onions, peppers and pasta, itâ€™s sure to please the entire family. This is one of the best turkey recipes.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time1 hr
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound Butterball fresh sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 24 ounces chunky tomato sauce
- 12 ounces Heinz hoestyle turkey gravy
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked pasta
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add sausage and cook 5 to 6 mintes until lightly browned on all sides, turning frequently. Reduce heat to low. Cover pan and cook 10 minutes, turning occasionally until internal temperature of sausage reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from pan; cool.
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch thick diagonal slices; set aside.
- Cook onions and garlic in same skillet on medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes until lightly brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in mushrooms and peppers. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce, gravy, spices and sausage. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Place pasta on serving platter. Top with sausage mixture.
Read NextSheet Pan Mac and Cheese