Godfather Spaghetti and Meatballs
Make your family an offer they can't refuse with this simply delicious homemade pasta recipe. Godfather Spaghetti and Meatballs is a family tradition and hopefully it will become one of yours too. Buon appetito - Enjoy your meal!
- 1 tablespoon box salt
- 1 tablespoon box ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 carton Accent
- 1 pound ground lean meat (1/2 pork and 1/2 beef)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup crackers or 10 crackers
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- Mix first 6 ingredients together to make Creole seasoning.
- To make meat balls, mix meat, cracker meal, eggs, parsley, onion tops, cheese, Creole seasoning to taste and enough milk to make a soft mixture.
- Wet hands with water and roll into 10 very soft meat balls. (Add water to mixture if not soft enough.) Fry in olive oil in heavy Dutch oven until brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Now fix the sauce. To make spaghetti sauce use 2 cans of tomato paste, 1 large chopped onion, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1/2 chopped bell pepper, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 fresh basil leaf and Creole seasoning to taste.
- Add oil in Dutch oven; add the chopped onion, garlic and bell pepper. Saute until brown.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, basil and enough water to cook down to right consistency (about 1 quart).
- Cook 3 hours; then add meat balls and cook slowly for another 2 hours.
- Bring seasoning up to taste; skim off excess fat. Pour over spaghetti and serve.
Read NextCreamy Sausage and Mushroom Rigatoni