Cheesy Gourmet Pasta
For a light and filling pasta recipe that all will enjoy, make this easy pasta recipe today. Parmesan cheese gives this pasta dinner a creamy, cheesy flavor that you will want to eat again and again.
Cooking Time30 min
- 12 ounces spaghetti or linguini
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 5 medium tomatoes, blanched peeled and mashed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 20 basil leaves, shredded
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 whole black pitted olives
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 or 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/4 cup water
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper, ground
- Fry onions, red pepper and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until onions clear.
- Add tomatoes, pesto, 1/4 of the shredded basil leaves, capers, tomato paste, olives and water. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. When cooked, drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the rest of the shredded basil leaves.
- Serve with sauce over and topped with Parmesan cheese and ground pepper to taste.
Read NextCheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet