"Special Ingredient" Hot Chocolate
Since the holidays are such a special time of year, making this "Special Ingredient" Hot Chocolate is a must. What makes this homemade hot chocolate recipe better than others is that one special ingredient is included - cinnamon sticks! The cinnamon adds a touch of flavor that takes this hot chocolate to the next level. Make a big batch of this hot chocolate recipe for your holiday party, or just to warm you up on a cold winter night. It's an absolutely delicious Christmas drink recipe that you'll want to enjoy all year!
For Hot Cinnamon Mocha, add 3 to 4 tablespoons instant espresso powder to the milk when steeping with the cinnamon sticks.
- 2 quarts (1/2 gallon) fat-free milk
- 3 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 20 ounces bittersweet chocolate (your favorite), broken into chunks
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the milk and cinnamon sticks in a 3 3/4 quart saucepan. Heat over medium heat; stir constantly until steamy and just beginning to bubble around the edges. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the cinnamon flavor into the milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks. When chocolate is melted, remove cinnamon sticks and stir in vanilla extract. Using an immersion blender, blend on Low about 1 minute using a gentle up-and-down motion. Continue blending on Low until the mixture is creamy and frothy.
- Spoon into cups or mugs and top with a dollop of freshly whipped cream if desired.
Read NextCandy Corn Nonalcoholic Punch