Bison Stew with White Beans and Wild Rice
Of all the strange food sources out there, bison might be one of the tastiest. Bison meat will please any beef lover.
- 1 pound bison stew meat
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Thai red chile paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup white onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup turnip, diced
- 3/4 cup diced parsnip
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
1. Place Bison for stew in soup pot and add wine, tomato paste, chili paste, broth and garlic.
2. Simmer, covered until meat is tender. Medium heat, approximately 45 minutes.
3. Add vegetables and starches, simmer until just cooked. Finish with salt and pepper to taste and chopped marjoram.
Read NextClassic Meatloaf Recipe