No-Bake Butterscotch Haystacks
Quick and easy No-Bake Butterscotch Haystacks are sure to tickle your fancy. These delicious dessert recipes are a great alternative spin on classic chocolate haystack recipes.
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1/2 cup chow mein noodles, coarsely broken
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips and shortening in microwave bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir.
- If necessary, microwave at high an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are just melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Immediately add chow mein noodles, stir to coat.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared tray or into paper candy cups. Let stand until firm.
- If necessary, cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. Makes about 2 dozen candies.
Read Next16 Quick and Easy Microwave Recipes