Not just another meatball recipe, this meatballs recipe is a great tasting, family favorite. You don't usually find water chestnuts in a meatballs recipe, but they do add amazing flavor that will make you come back scooping for seconds.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out this collection of 16 super simple meatball recipes!
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped fine
- 2 (8-ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Mix all ingredients, except the cornstarch in medium bowl.
- Form meat into 1" diameter balls and roll in cornstarch, then refrigerate for several hours.
- When ready to use, fry in oil until well done.
- Sauce 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup white wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp ginger, 14-ounce can pineapple chunks drained (reserve liquid), 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/2 cup water and 2 teaspoon curry powder.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and mix all ingredients, except pineapple, in a sauce pan.
- Add pineapple juice to taste; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks and pour over cooked meatballs.
- Serve hot in a chafing dish with toothpicks.
Read NextBlue Ribbon Meatloaf