Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
Not your average meatball recipe, this cranberry cocktail meatballs recipe is a nice addition at a cocktail party. Chili powder, cranberry sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice give these meatballs amazing flavor and an interesting quality other meatballs lack.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out this collection of 16 super simple meatball recipes!
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can jellied or whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) can chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cornflake crumbs, parsley, eggs, ketchup, onion, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
- Mix well and form into small balls, from 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter.
- Place in a casserole or baking pan and heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook stirring over medium heat until smooth; pour hot sauce over meatballs in casserole.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.
- Transfer to slow cooker and keep on low for serving.