Amazing One-pot Lamb Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This slow-cooked lamb recipe is packed with umami flavors that you can’t resist trying. When it comes to cooking lamb, shoulder probably isn’t the cut you’d think of first. But inexpensive cuts like lamb shoulder are the unsung heroes of the butcher case. They’re cheaper than other cuts and extremely rich in flavor. You can also add spices such as star anise, or five-spice or allspice to deal with the gamey flavor of the lamb and add more depth of flavor. A teaspoon of chili flakes will add just a hint of heat."
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time1 hr 10 min
- 4 ounces Bacon
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 ounce white onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 pouch button mushroom
- 4 cups Beef stock
Mince the garlic and onions, dice the carrots and chop the mushrooms
Trim the excess fat off the lamb shoulder and cut into bite-sized pieces
Chop the bacon into chunks
In a heavy bottom pan, render the fat off the bacon. Pour the excess fat off.
Saute the garlic and the spices in the remaining fat.
Add the lamb meat and saute until browned.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
One bite of this Fluffy Cream Puff Cake and you will fall in love. This easy dessert recipe combines pudding, Cool Whip, chocolate,… Continue reading: "Fluffy Cream Puff Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Old-fashioned Cranberry Muffins
- Sloppy Joe
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Victoria Sponge Cake In Air Fryer
- Beet Salad
- Air Fryer Cheesecake
- Apple Raisin Bread Clafouti
- Cheddar Cheese Onion Potatoes
- Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Homemade Focaccia Pizza
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes