Colcannon is a traditional Irish staple, usually served during the holidays. This colcannon recipe is so delicious and simple that you'll want to make it all year round!
- 1lb cabbage cored, quartered and shredded
- 2lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 2
- 2 small leeks (white and pale green parts only) washed and sliced
- 1C milk
- 1/2 t ground mace
- 8T + 2T butter
- salt and pepper
1. In separate pans, cook cabbage and potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, 12-15 min.
2. Drain cabbage and chop, drain potatoes and mash. Meanwhile, combine leeks and milk and cook over med, heat until tender, 8-10 min. Add potatoes, salt, pepper and mace to leeks and milk and stir over low heat until blended.
3. Add cabbage and 8 tablespoon butter and stir again to the consistency of mashed potatoes. Dot with remaining butter. Serve at once!
Read Next17 Dreamy Irish Desserts