Aussie Shrimp on the Barbie with Orange Ginger
You'll feel like you're down under with this Aussie Shrimp on the Barbie with Orange Ginger! It's summery and light, with a citrusy finish.
If you like this grilling recipe, you will love Mr. Food's Let's Get Grilling eCookbook packed with more than 36 pages of easy grilling recipes.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time5 min
- 12 giant prawns, shelled and deveined (heads and tails intact)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated)
- 2 green onions, tops and white (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger root (freshly grated)
- Soak a dozen long wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Then push skewers through prawns, lengthwise, from head to tail with only 1 to a skewer.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium to low heat, stirring, until butter is completely melted. Dip skewered prawns in the orange sauce and position on oiled grill rack about 4 inches above the coals.
- Baste liberally with sauce and grill for 2 minutes. Turn the prawn over and baste again, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Smaller prawn will be done at this point, but continue basting and turning larger prawn until they are pink and cooked through. Remove from heat immediately when done, as they will get tough of overcooked. Use any remaining sauce for a dip for the prawns.