Best Beer Brats
One of the tastiest beer brat recipes around, these Best Beer Brats are to die for! Perfect for watching the game or just chilling with family and friends.
- 2 pounds to 3 bratwurst
- 2 to 4 cans beer
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- mustard, if desired
- saeurkraut, if desired
- Place brats in a large pot and cover with beer.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and heat to a boil (you may also add hot sauce, mustard, or other flavors -- be creative).
- Turn down heat to a gentle simmer and give 25-35 minutes (you can get the grill going while they cook).
- Heat sauerkraut in a small saucepan toward the end of cooking time. Once cooked remove brats from liquid to cool spots on the grill.
- Char until desired color (I like mine brown and crispy) turning frequently. Serve on hearty brat rolls with sauerkraut, mustard and thin-sliced onions.
Read NextOktoberfest Puff Pastry Pretzels