Summertime Strawberry Pie
No matter what time of year it is, easy pie recipes always bring the family together. This wonderful Summertime Strawberry Pie is perfect to make in the summer months. It's filled with a strong strawberry flavor, which comes from 1 1/2 pounds of fresh strawberries, strawberry jello, and strawberry extract. Needless to say, if you like strawberries, then you will love this pie. Bring it with you to the neighbor's BBQ or your friend's pool party.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin (jell-o)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half (about 2 to 3 cups)
- 1 (9-inch) regular pie crust, pre baked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of your pie shell with parchment paper or foil. Place pie weights or dry beans on the paper. Pre bake the pie crust until golden brown, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- When done, remove pie weights, beans, and parchment paper. Let the pie crust cool completely on a wire rack. While your pie crust is cooling, prepare the strawberry filling. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, gelatin, lemon juice, strawberry extract and water in a medium size pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until the mixture thickens, whisking often.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Arrange the strawberries in the baked pie shell. Pour the filling over the strawberries coating them completely.
- Refrigerate until set about 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Read NextPastor's Wife Apple Crumb Pie