Safe Summer Ice Cream
This recipe is quick and easy. Thereâ€™s no cooking involved so itâ€™s fun and easy for kids. And, most importantly, safe, because it uses pasteurized shell eggs from Davidson's Safest ChoiceÂ®!
Flavor Variations — Instead of vanilla, add:
- 1 teaspoon mint extract, or
- ½ teaspoon almond extract, or
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
Toward the end of freezing or churning cycle, add ½ cup of your favorite chunky ingredients.
Try mini chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, marshmallows, cookie pieces, candy pieces, cookie dough (made with Davidson’s Safest Choice pasteurized eggs)....Use your imagination!
- 2 Davidson's Safest Choice® eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy (or whipping) cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ice Cream Maker Recipe
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add cream, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
No ice cream maker?
- Chill your mixture, then pour it in a freezer-safe container.
- Place it in the freezer for 30 minutes, remove and stir vigorously with a spatula or sturdy whisk to break up the ice crystals.
- Repeat every 30 minutes until firm.
Read NextVintage Baked Alaska