Blueberry Ice Cream
This blueberry ice cream recipe is refreshing and different that you'll feel like you've stepped into another land of frozen delicacies. Make it for fourth of July to be served with an all American cherry pie or for any occasion!
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup milk, scalded
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups dry-pack frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- In 5 cup blender, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold milk, let stand 3-4 minutes.
- Add hot milk and process at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Add blueberry and sugar, process at high speed until blended. Pour into a large bowl and chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- Fold whipped cream into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into two 4x10" freezer trays or one 8" baking pan, freeze until firm. Makes 1-1/2 quarts.