This unique recipe for Australian prawns is a winner with seafood lovers. It uses a unique blend of flavors and has an Asian flair from the fish sauce and coconut milk.
- 1 piece ginger (2 inches), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion; coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper; coarsely chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes; coarsely chopped
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (Nam pla)
- 1/4 cayenne
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 24 prawn tails
- 3/4 cup cilantro; finely minced
- 1/2 cup parsley; finely minced
- Place the ginger, onion, red pepper and tomato in the food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a heavy casserole and cook at high heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, Add the fish stock, fish sauce and cayenne, and stir to mix well. Brin g to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and prawns and cook on high heat stirring, for about 3 minutes. Turn down to a simmer and cook another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and parsley before serving. Taste and adjust seasonings by adding more fish sauce and cayenne.
Read NextHomemade Taco Seasoning