Easter Lamb with Garlic and Herbs
Many people think that Easter recipes have to be difficult in order to be good, and that is simply not true. The best ever dinner recipes for Easter can include things like this easy lamb roast with garlic and herbs, and it's great served with roasted potatoes too.
Be sure to check out our whole collection of 12 easy Easter recipes!
Cooking Time1 hr 5 min
- 4 1/2 pounds leg of lamb
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- extra olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (220C).
- Hold the leg of lamb with its fleshiest side towards you, and bravely slice directly through the meat four or five times, about 1 inch (2.5cm) apart, almost to the bone,- as if you are cutting steaks but leaving them attached.
- Mix the parsley, garlic, anchovies, capers, lemon rind and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl and add the olive oil to make a mush.
- Using your hands, push the paste between the slices.
- Tie the meat back into shape with string.
- Scatter with rosemary sprigs and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F, then turn the heat down to 375 degrees F (190C) and bake for another 45 minutes. The lamb will cook faster than the normal roast because of the way it is cut.
- Remove the lamb and leave it to rest under a sheet of foil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the fat and juices into a small bowl and spoon off as much fat as possible.
- Remove the string, and carve across the lamb parallel to the bone so you get chunky fingers of meat.
- Arrange on each warmed dinner plate, drizzle with the juices, scatter a handful of dressed baby rocket leaves on top and serve.
Read NextEaster Sunday Deviled Eggs