Chocolate Easter Eggs
Don't you just love recipes for easy Easter candy? One of the most popular is always those chocolate cream eggs, and this recipe is fun to make, too. Let the kids help make them AND help eat them. Yum!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 10 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate
- Beat butter, salt and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add milk, beat in sugar. Blend until stiff.
- Dust with brown sugar.
- Knead until smooth.
- Set aside more than 2/3 of mixture.
- To the remaining mixture add yellow food coloring. Blend in well.
- Divide yellow and white into 16 or 24 pieces.
- Shape yellow into ball, mold white around yellow to form an egg shape.
- Dry at room temperature on paper towels for 24 hours.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or in microwave until smooth.
- Dip eggs in chocolate. Paraffin wax may be added and melted with chocolate to prevent chocolate from melting in your hands. Once dipped, cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate after cool. When sliced, these eggs will have a white cream filling with a yellow filling that appears to be the yolk. They look nice sitting in an Easter basket!
Read Next24 Easy Easter Dinner Recipes
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Feb 17, 2012
I want to make homemade candy for my girls Easter baskets this yearso glad I found your site! I bought some candy boxes from Box and Wrap that are so cute. They look like bunnies. Perfect for the Easter basket.
Mar 08, 2011
preteacher95: Hi, thank you for your comment. Unfortunately we don't always have photos for our recipes because they are reader submitted. Regardless, I hope the recipe works out for you! Thanks! Blair, editor for RecipeLion.com
preteacher95 76293 87
Mar 08, 2011
Need pictures of finished products w/recipe
Mar 27, 2010
Whats with the brown sugar? Was it supposed to be powered sugar?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use