Rhubarb shrub gin fix cocktail
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Seasonal rhubarb pickle twist on Jerry Thomas' 1862 recipe for a Gin Fix cocktail where the lemon, sugar and water are swapped out for agave syrup and a spiced rhubarb shrub syrup. The rhubarb shrub syrup is flavoured with Australian indigenous spices lemon myrtle, cinnamon myrtle and strawberry gum for zesty lemon, tea like delicate cinnamon and ambrosial sweet and fresh strawberry flavours that complement the tartness of fresh rhubarb and the crisp refreshing juniper note of dry gin. The Fix or Fix-Up dates to the late 1850's and was a short sour style pick me up cocktail distinguished by being served with shaved ice with a seasonal fruit garnish. The Fix is closely related to the Punch formula - strong, sweet sour, weak, although the spice element is missing. This rhubarb Fix or Fix-Up takes full advantage of shaved ice to create a very refreshing sour delicate pink spiced rhubarb gin cocktail garnished with an orange and rhubarb twist."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
With just the right amount of sweet and savory, along with a great crunch throughout, this Golden Raisin Broccoli Salad is sure to be… Continue reading: "Golden Raisin and Broccoli Saladvideocam"
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes