Wild Blueberry Creamsicle
This wild blueberry Creamsicle recipe is the perfect summertime treat to make for the kids when they need to cool off from the summer heat. These fun and tasty homemade popsicles are only 4 grams of fat and 127 calories.
- To serve, run hot water over outside of frozen containers. Ice cream will slip out.
- You can also serve in small cups such as soufflés without stick.
- Garnish with simple cookie and pansy or nasturtium blossom.
Preparation Time15 min
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 8 ounces plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup medium cream
- Put Wild Blueberries, partially defrosted and yogurt in blender and mix.
- Add sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon peel and blend until mixed.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold into blueberry yogurt mixture.
- Pour blueberry mixture into eight, 4-ounce containers.
- Freeze for 1 hour until mixture is lightly frozen. Put wooden sticks or plastic spoons in mixture.
- Let freeze for several more hours.
Nutritional Information per Serving
127 calories, 4g fat, 19g carbohydrates, 2g protein