Sour Cherry and Black Pepper Cobbler
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"My grandmother was a master of survival. During the Second World War she sewed clothes for her children using material cut from parachutes. My mother was one of those children, that is how I know the story. Being very careful with resources, grandmother would pick sour cherries for winter stocks, praying the armies passing by would not find them. If there was any sugar, she would make this quick dessert. I doubt that she would have known the word 'cobbler', but I am sure the word 'pudding' would ring a bell. My mother is dedicated to maintaining the heirloom varieties, so there is a sour cherry tree growing in her backyard; the same as she remembers from her childhood. I visited her last weekend, and after we had coffee I started to climb the tree to get some fruits for the weekend meal. My first idea was a creamy, thick, cold soup, but then the cobbler occurred to me, as I had not made one for over a year. Don't be surprised now : I added some ground black pepper to the pastry. You should give it a try. It is amazingly good!"
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time28 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes