Homemade Peach Pie Filling
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Ditch that canned stuff and make your own Homemade Peach Pie Filling! Easy, delicious, and bursting with that spicy, sweet flavor that’s become a classic. The peaches are slowly simmered in spices until softened and ready to be used in whatever peachy way you desire!
have always maintained the outlook that homemade recipes are better than store-bought or restaurant options. There’s just nothing better than some fresh Apple Bread or warm Chocolate Chip Blondies straight from the oven. It fills your house with amazing smells and adds an aspect of comfort in the air. Your family is thrilled and you get to enjoy a treat as well.
I’m not one to usually buy canned pie filling unless I absolutely have to. That ends up being more often than I want to admit, but hey, we’re all busy. Sometimes we just have to do what we have to do. However, if I can help it, I like to can or make recipes like this Homemade Peach Pie Filling in advance. It’s just too good to settle for the canned kind and once you’ve had it, you’ll never want to go back."
Notes1. Reheating - To reheat, simply warm in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through. Let the rest of the warming and baking happen when you cook the recipe the peach filling is for.
2. Add other fruits - Peaches are great for pairing with other fruits such as apples, cherries, blueberries, etc. It adds a great flavor profile to your already righteous dessert.
3. Can I Use Fresh Peaches? - Of course you can! I simply use frozen organic peaches because they come already sliced and ready to go. Plus, they last longer than fresh peaches since life can catch up sometimes.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 4 cups Fresh or Frozen Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a small pot and stir to combine.
Simmer on low for 45 minutes or until the mixture thickens up.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Creamy Apple Pie Lasagna is the perfect no-bake dessert for fall. If you love making delicious desserts without an oven, this is… Continue reading: "Creamy Apple Pie Lasagnavideocam"
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Butterscotch Fudge
- Snowman White Chocolate Toffee Cheese Ball
- Ree Drummond's Salted Caramel Brownie Recipe
- Easy Fried Apple Pies
- Baked Amish Apple Custard Dessert
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- No Bake Oreo Chocolate Cream Pie
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Southern Red Velvet Cake
- Air Fryer Mince Pies
- Cranberry Sauce Bars
- Coconut Date Balls
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- No-knead Rosemary Bread
- Dehydrated Pear Chips
- Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- Eggnog Cookies
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes