Coconut Cloud Dessert
You might find yourself walking around in a cloud of happiness with easy dessert recipes like this. This Coconut Cloud Dessert is pure bliss with its layers of pudding, Cool Whip, coconut and crushed Chex Mix cereal. You'll never go wrong with a crowd with this dish.
- 3 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal crushed to 1 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 3/4-ounce) vanilla instant pudding, dry
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
Toast Chex crumbs in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
Combine margarine, extract and brown sugar. Stir in toasted crumbs until evenly mixed. Press firmly onto bottom of 8" springform pan. Chill while preparing filling.
Combine milk, vanilla and pudding mix. Beat on low speed of electric mixer about 1 min. Beat in sour cream until just blended. Fold in half of cool whip and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Pour onto prepared crust. Smooth top. Spread remaining cool whip on top and sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
Read NextChocolate Chess Pie