Almond Joy Chocolate Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Almond Joy Chocolate Torte…chocolate cake with a whipping cream filling topped with a chocolate glaze and garnished with coconut and almonds. This torte is not only delicious but so very EASY to make! I love recipes that can be easily adapted to produce different flavors. Because the filling in the torte is whipped cream it would be very easy to add fruit such as fresh strawberries or raspberries on top of the whipped cream layer. You could place fruit in the layers of the cake or on top for a beautiful presentation. When strawberries and raspberries aren’t in season, you could use preserves. Spreading the preserves on the cake first, then add the whipped cream layer. This delicious torte can also be made semi homemade using a product like Cool Whip instead of the homemade cream filling. A tub of premade chocolate frosting warmed slightly to spread easier would work nicely instead of the homemade Chocolate Glaze. This is a recipe that you can let your imagination run wild with, I LOVE THAT! I’ve taken pictures of the construction of the torte so you can see how easy this is to put together. ENJOY!"
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Simple Homemade Sweet and Sour Mix Recipe
- Easy Appletini Cocktail
- Easy Chicken Tikka Masala Wrap
- Grilled Pork Chops - Cajun Style
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Quick Key Lime Pie Icebox Cake
- Spicy Thai Coconut Soup
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes