Sunday Slow Cooker Mac n' Cheese
Slow down and enjoy your dinner with family on the weekend with easy macaroni and cheese recipes like this one. Sunday Slow Cooker Mac n' Cheese makes a wonderful family dinner or even when company's coming. Plus it's easy as can be.
Variations and add-ins: 1 cup diced squash, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup mushrooms, 1 cup diced tomatoes, 1 cup julienned zucchini.
Substitutions for ham: cooked Italian sausage cooked, drained, rinsed and crumbled hamburger diced cooked chicken diced cooked turkey.
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 cups cooked macaroni (or other pasta)
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup Cheddar/jack cheese shredded blend
- 1 cup whole milk
- pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- a little flour or arrowroot to thicken (optional)
- Toss pasta in oil until coated and place in slow cooker.
- Add cheeses, onions, ham and tomato (if desired), spices, butter, milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Set on low and cook 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
Read NextSlow Cooker Bbq Beer Ribs