Home-style Farmer's Chicken Dinner
A hearty dinner, Home-style Farmer's Chicken Dinner is made in the slow cooker with potatoes, tomatoes, celery and peas. Fresh ingredients are the key to making this easy chicken recipe come to life. Treat your family to a slow cooker chicken recipe that is sure to become one of their favorites in no time. Just combine your vegetables and chicken together in your slow cooker, set the time, and leave it to cook. It's that simple! You'll be proud to serve such a flavorful and hearty meal to whoever you happen to be cooking for.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 celery ribs, cut in small chunks
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Brown the chicken parts in oil. Add salt, pepper and onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
Put celery and potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with browned chicken, onions, tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, oregano and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Add peas, cover and cook on high 15 minutes.