Grandma's Pot Roast
Now you can make a slow cooker pot roast just like grandma used to make. Grandma's Pot Roast is an easy and delicious slow cooker pot roast recipe that will remind you of dinners and holidays at grandma's house.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 4 pounds boneless pot roast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 carrots, pared, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cans mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Trim off excess fat from roast. Combine flour, salt, and pepper and coat meat with the flour mixture.
- Place carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery in a slow cooker, along with the meat. Spread mushrooms evenly over top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- To thicken gravy, make a smooth paste of the flour and the water and stir into slow cooker.
Read NextSunday Chicken Supper